The allergy is an abnormal reaction, inappropriate, excessive and exaggerated immune system of the body, resulting from contact with a foreign substance (usually) to the body (the allergen), "they say antigen ". These are substances which are usually well tolerated, but mistakenly regarded as dangerous by our cells.
The allergy is also called hypersensitivity.
The sensitivities are, according Gell and Coombs, of four types:
1. Immediate: based on the response to IgE;
3. To immune complexes;
A substance quite harmless to some may cause an allergic reaction in a person called sensitive. Some treatments used to the body to the substance are called "desensitization"
The family predisposition, also known as atopic "ground" is an aggravating factor.
The branch of medicine that studies allergies is allergies. Specialist physicians of this disease are allergy.
* Skin: contact eczema, atopic dermatitis, urticaria and angio-oedema neurotic
* Pulmonaires: asthma, interstitial pneumonitis, pulmonary eosinophilic
* Eye: conjunctivitis, pinkeye
* Oto-Rhino-laryngologiques: rhinitis, sinusitis, flow posterior anosmia
* Digestive: vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
* Hematologic: anemia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, eosinophilia
The crisis of allergy
The crisis of severe allergy can be characterized by:
* The anaphylactic shock, an allergic reaction extreme, brutal, and can result in death.
* Angioedema, or angioedema (synonym)
* Dizziness, fainting, fainting, feeling sick
* Swelling of the lips, eyelids, fingers, itching all over the body ( "ants")
* Difficulty in breathing
* Feeling unwell
* Urticaria (insect bites, medicine, latex…)
* Sneezing: allergic rhinitis (or "hay fever")
Allergy, or rather the allergic reaction, therefore corresponds to a response from the immune system and is available in four types:
* Immediate: it depends on the antibody type E (IgE) (urticaria, angioedema);
* Cytotoxic: with the type of IgG antibodies;
* Immune complex also related to forming IgG immune complexes;
* Delayed: inflammation linked to a cell is responsible for allergy eczema.
Functionally, when the body produces an allergic reaction, it releases a substance, histamine, which is responsible major symptoms. The action of histamine may be blocked by specific drugs called antihistamines. "
The food allergy affects about 3% of the population, 8% for children. The main food allergens are eggs, peanuts, Rosaceae (plum, apple, cherry, peach…), Umbelliferae (parsley, carrots, celery, fennel…), fruit with latex (kiwi, a lawyer, banana… ) seafood (oysters), crustaceans and fish. There are cases of allergy to cow's milk, particularly among infants, but intolerance to milk protein, if more frequent, is often confused with an allergy. There are also coffee and allergies to certain food additives.
Causes and treatment of allergy
The causes of allergy are poorly understood, even as it becomes a real social phenomenon.
In 1980, 10% of the population suffering, today more than 30%, and some circulation figures showing 50% of patients within 10 years [ref. Needed] in the industrialized countries of the northern hemisphere.
Synergies, allergies and cross potentialisations seem possible links to pollution and the use of perfumes, cosmetics, pesticides in indoor air, etc.: nano-or micro-particles, including those of diesel oil, issued by Fuel sales and poor combustion and smoke unfiltered, would impact the allergenicity of some grains of pollen but further (Japanese) disproves this point [ref. Required].
The increase in rates UV, urban air pollution (acid, desiccant and oxidizer) contribute to erode the cuticle of pollen, some of which seem to become more allergens, especially as pollinators (bees) very present in the city prevail under pollens they would in the wild to the equivalent number of flowers).
Diagnostic / Tests patch
The diagnosis by the allergist is the first action. They are usually painless tests on the arm or in the back, based on the contact with the body supposedly allergenic substances for the individual. After a few minutes, the immune response reflects a brand. More important is that mark compared to the control (of histamine), allergy to the substance is important.
* Allergies to pollen Schedules pollen, wearing a mask anti-pollen, avoidance of nature in spring vacation dates and good in the right places (wind Sea carries little pollen) help reduce allergies.
* Allergies to dust mites: fleeing dust, ventilate your home in the evening and the morning, do not use the vacuum cleaner, or a broom, prefer the mop and damp, to waive carpets, fabrics, pillows and duvets in feathers, Lint and rags, use of anti-mites prefer altitude beyond 800 m.
* Allergies to animals bristle (cats, dogs…), avoid contact with them and rub them at least once a day with a wet towel.
Medicine offers 4 types of solutions to allergens:
* Antihistamines H1 acting on the mechanism of allergy.
* Symptomatic treatment: essentially anti-inflammatory (Local solution nasal drops), possibly steroids, bronchodilator if difficulty in breathing, and in extreme cases (anaphylactic shock) epinephrine (available in the form of "pen" syringe containing a single dose Self-injection).
* The desensitization that acts on the immune system by inducing a tolerance of the body towards the allergen responsible for the symptoms. This solution, only recognized by WHO as effective and durable, offer excellent results over the long term, since it will, as its name suggests, desensitized the body and prevents him to react. This treatment requires a certain discipline on the part of patients because, in addition to meetings at the allergist, the ouster of the allergen (deletion of the allergen in the environment of the patient) is difficult to implement and requires a personal effort. At present, the desensitization is the only cure for allergy, salaries continue to evolve and become more simple for the patient through treatment of sub-lingual (direct treatment with the patient in liquid form ), and in all likelihood in the form of stamps in the near future.
* In order to avoid crises at the moment, the only solution in many cases: removal of cats or dogs, change in position in case of allergy professional, living in the mountains (beyond 800 m d 'altitude), ventilate the home and even put pressure on housing with a filtered air, use foam pillows, change regularly pillowcases and sheets and wash at 60 ° (or use a cloth bag anti-mite), take a Shower after exposure to an allergen.
Allergy and trace elements
* Recently international medical publications have strengthened the interest of supplementation manganese and magnesium. Deficiencies in those two trace elements is often encountered among allergic, their contribution will reduce or mitigate the symptoms.
Allergy and felines
The korat is one of the few cats who do not possess under hairs, these little fluffy hair hiding usually in the hair longer. This feature enables it to be very well tolerated by people with allergies. The observations made by individuals have found that people usually allergic to cats suffered less with korats.
Contrary to popular belief, the major allergen of the cat does not come soon or salivary secretions of the animal, but mainly on his skin (sebaceous glands). The hair is a reservoir liabilities, and it is in that the cat licking its contaminates saliva. It is assumed that the subjects developing this type of allergy better support the presence of a sphynx or a korat in their immediate environment because:
* Regarding the sphynx: it has no hair.
* The hair of him korat "stick" literally on the back (that's what gives this smooth and silky). As a result, its coat retains very difficult dust particles and allergens.
* The origin of tropical korat allows him to not knowing the phenomenon of seasonal driven. Thus it does not lose his hair which prevents the dispersion of particulate allergens.
Read also Allergy